Green Tomato & Pista Salsa
4-5 medium green tomatoes
2-3 medium green tomatoes concasse
½ cup American Pistachios
Oil for applying
1 large onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp castor sugar
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Fresh coriander sprig for garnish
Nachos to serve
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- Bring sufficient water to a boil in a pan. Add American Pistachios and blanch for 3-5 minutes. Drain the pistachios and put them into cold water to stop the carry over cooking to avoid discoloration.
- Peel the pistachios.
- Apply some oil on the green tomatoes.
- Heat a wire rack on direct flame. Place the tomatoes on it and cook till well charred all on sides.
- Finely chop peeled pistachios.
- Peel the green tomatoes and finely chopped. Transfer this into a large bowl. Add onion, green chillies, green tomatoes concasse, most of the chopped pistachios, salt, sugar, lemon juice, olive oil and coriander leaves and mix till well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining chopped pistachios and coriander sprig. Serve immediately with nachos.