Spaghetti with Toasted Pistachio Pesto
200 grams spaghetti
½ cup American Pistachios, toasted
2 cups fresh basil leaves
6-8 garlic cloves
4 tbsps parmesan cheese powder + for garnish
Salt to taste
7 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
½ cup mixed colour cherry tomato (yellow and red) halves
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Fresh basil sprig for garnish
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Put the basil leaves in a blender jar. Add garlic, parmesan cheese powder, American Pistachios, salt and drizzle 5 tbsps olive oil and blend to a coarse paste.
- Bring sufficient water to a boil. Add salt and remaining olive oil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the pistachio pesto in another pan. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss till well coated with the pesto. Add ½ cup pasta water and lightly toss.
- Place the pan on medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes and crushed black peppercorns and gently toss again.
- Twirl the spaghetti with a tong and place it on a serving plate. Garnish with parmesan cheese powder and basil sprig. Serve hot.