Pista Stuffed Roasted Lamb Rack
1 cup American Pistachios
800 grams lamb rack
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 bulb of garlic
3 tbsps olive oil
4-5 fresh rosemary sprigs
2-3 tsps butter
Micro greens for garnish
Grilled vegetables (green zucchini, yellow zucchini, broccoli, carrot, green peas) to serve
Red cherry tomato quarters
Au jus as required
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Bring sufficient water to a boil in a pan. Add American Pistachios and blanch for 3-5 minutes. Drain the pistachios and put them into cold water to stop the carry over cooking to avoid discoloration.
- Peel the pistachios and add into a food processor jar and process to a coarse mixture.
- Make a deep horizontal slit on the meat of the lamb rack that joins the bone to create space for the stuffing. Ensure not to cut it through completely.
- Sprinkle salt, crushed black peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce and rub well on the meat. Flip the lamb rack and drizzle some Worcestershire sauce, crushed black peppercorns and rub well.
- Generously stuff the center of the lamb rack with the coarsely processed pistachios. Secure the stuffing by tying a thread around the meat and the bones.
- Slice ½ inch top of the garlic bulb.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom cast iron pan. Place the stuffed lamb rack, add rosemary sprigs and place the garlic bulb with the cut side facing down.
- Add butter and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Flip the lamb rack and cook the other side on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake till the lamb is cooked completely.
- Cut the thread and slice and arrange on a serving plate. Garnish with micro greens.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and au jus.