Fig, Goat Cheese & Candied Pistachio Pizzette
by Anthony Michael Contrino
For the Candied Pistachios
2 tablespoons sugar
Heaping ¼ cup American pistachios, rough chopped
For the Pizzette
4 ounces mascarpone, room temperature
2 ounces creamy goat cheese, room temperature
1 store-bought pre-baked artisan pizza crust (Trader Joes)
6 ripe figs, stems removed and quartered lengthwise
Flaky sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- MAKE THE CANDIED PISTACHIOS: In a small stainless-steel skillet, melt the sugar over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with a heat-resistant spatula.
- Cook the sugar until light amber in color, remove from the heat and add the pistachios, stirring to coat.
- Immediately transfer the pistachios to a piece of parchment paper and spread them out as best you can with the back of a spatula; cool completely.
- MAKE THE PIZZETTE: In a medium-sized bowl, whip the mascarpone and goat cheese until creamy.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges.
- Top evenly with the figs, cut-side up.
- Place the pizza onto a half sheet pan and bake until the edges are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze evenly over the pizza and top with the candied pistachios, breaking them up into small clusters with your hands.
- Cut into small triangles or squares and serve immediately.