by Kristi Roeder
If you’re looking for a good meatless Monday recipe look no further!
Falafel is one of my favorite foods. I usually go with a standard chickpea recipe but this time I decided to mix it up and use half American pistachios.The pistachios added such a good flavor to the falafel plus they make the falafel a complete protein.
1/2 cup American pistachios (soaked 6-24 hours)
1/2 cup dried chickpeas (soaked 6-24 hours)
1/2 cup parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a processor and blend until creamy.
- Form 8-10 falafels on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.