1 lb. American pistachio kernels, raw
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Blanch the pistachios for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Spread onto a lined sheet tray and allow to dry overnight.
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor being careful not to allow the nuts to turn to butter. Sift the flour. Any large pieces that remain, return to the food processor and grind again.
- Alternately, once the pistachios have dried, roast in the oven at 300°F for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow to cool. Follow step #5