Friday Fuel-Up Series Kicks Off September 3, 2021
Monthly Facebook Live series will feature top athletes, adventurers, thought leaders and nutrition experts to discuss what fuels their goals – both physically and mentally.
FRESNO, CA – Aug. 16, 2021--- Hosted by Dr. Mike Roussell, a noted author and nutrition advisor to Men’s Health Magazine, the Friday Fuel-Up Facebook Live series will engage some of the world’s most energetic and interesting people with the question, “What Fuels You?” Each episode will foster inspiring and informative conversations connecting sport, adventure, health, nutrition and the passions that motivate greatness.
The series will run on the first Friday of each month. Audiences can join the conversations LIVE at 10 a.m. PST at Facebook.com/AmericanPistachios. Episodes will be recorded and available on Instagram TV (IGTV) at @americanpistachios and on FridayFuelUp.com. American Pistachio Growers is the lead sponsor of the Friday Fuel-Up series.
“I’m ecstatic about the opportunity to bring to online audiences with some of the world’s top athletes, adventurers and thought-leaders,” said Roussell. “We’ll dive into their mindset, what drives them to succeed in their field, as well as the physical aspect of fueling success. In all episodes, there should be key takeaways that any listener can apply to their own life and pursuit of their goals.”
The schedule of guests includes:
- September 3, Scott H. Smith, PhD., Nutritionist and Manager for Nutritional Biochemistry for NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
- October 1, Jeremy Jones, renowned Big Mountain snowboarder and National Geographic Adventurer of the Year.
- November 5, Brothers Alistair and Jonny Brownlee, gold and silver medal-winning British triathletes.
- December 3, Bryan Snyder, Director of Nutrition for the Denver Broncos.
- January 7, Dallas Seavey, 2021 Iditarod champion.
- February 4, Vicky Losada, international soccer star and leading advocate for womens’ and girls’ sports.
- March 4, Josh Allen, professional quarterback.
“Everyone can learn something from tuning into this series,” said Judy Hirigoyen, Vice President of Global Marketing at American Pistachio Growers. “We’re proud to sponsor this effort and engage consumers in the dialogue. Those using the live chat feature on Facebook Live will have the opportunity to win serious swag,” she added.
Notes to editor
Who - Dr. Mike Roussell and guests
Where - Facebook.com/AmericanPistachios. Episodes will be recorded and available on IGTV at @americanpistachios and on www.FridayFuelUp.com
When - LIVE at 10 a.m. PST, the first Friday of each month starting September 3.