Pistachio & Mozzarella Crostini
1 cup American Pistachios
100 grams fresh mozzarella cheese
4 slices of sourdough bread
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil + for drizzling
2 tsps butter
10-12 mixed coloured cherry tomatoes (yellow and red), halved
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- To make pistachio butter, dry roast American Pistachios on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put the roasted pistachios in a blender jar and blend to a fine powder. Add olive oil and blend to spreadable paste. Transfer in a bowl.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom cast iron pan. Place the sourdough bread slices and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side or till crisp.
- Spread some of the pistachios butter on the crisp sourdough bread slices and arrange the cherry tomatoes on top. Tear small pieces of the fresh mozzarella cheese and place on top of the crostini. Sprinkle salt and crushed black peppercorns.
- Garnish with basil leaves and drizzle olive oil. Serve immediately.