Stir Fried Pista Prawns
½ cup American Pistachios
12-15 large prawns, cleaned and deveined
2 tbsps oil
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2-3 fresh red chillies, chopped
1 spring onion bulb, diagonally sliced with the greens
10-12 blanched broccoli florets
1 medium red capsicum cut into 1 inch triangles
1 medium onion, diced into 1 inch pieces and layers separated
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Dry roast American Pistachios for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Switch the heat off and allow to cool slightly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and red chillies and sauté till golden brown. Add spring onion bulb and mix well.
- Add broccoli, red capsicum and onion and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix well. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns, salt, and crushed black peppercorns and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Add most of the roasted pistachios and mix well. Add most of the spring onion greens and mix well. Take the pan off the heat.
- Serve hot garnished with remaining roasted pistachios and remaining spring onion greens.