Plant-Based Chickpea Pistachio Blondies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
3 tbsp water
1 (15-ounce) no-salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup chopped shelled pistachios
2/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Make a flax egg by combining the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl; allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the flax egg along with the rest of the ingredients, except the pistachios and chocolate chips, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in the pistachios by hand and reserve some for topping.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula, smooth the top, and bake for 30 minutes. It may look a little underbaked when you take it out of the oven but will firm up as it cools.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments. Drizzle on top of the bars.
- Let cool completely before slicing into 9 squares.